If you want to make sure your smile is safe for the holidays, it is important to establish a game plan beforehand to ensure you have the maximum oral health care you need to prevent dental damage from arising. As Halloween begins to creep slowly toward us, remember these basic tips:
– Avoid snacks and treats that have a low pH level, as they are highly acidic and contribute to dental erosion.
– Use cleaning tools that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Avoid sticky or chewy candies that can linger in your mouth and contribute to tooth decay.
– Avoid hard candies and snacks that can chip and crack your teeth.
– Do not leave additional candy around the house after Halloween. Instead, dispose of it so you do not continually eat it for weeks on end.
– Stay away from unregulated cleaning products, and instead speak with your dentist about product recommendations and suggestions.
– For additional oral health care, visit your dentist for treatments, cleanings, and procedures.
– Avoid snacks whenever possible and stick to eating your treats along with large meals.
If you have any questions or concerns, or to set up an appointment with Dr. Tom Pinnavaia, please call us to at 704-375-8577, or stop by our office in Charlotte, North Carolina. From everyone at My Dentists, we wish you a safe, fun, and happy Halloween!